**Federal Project - Applicant must be a United States Citizen with Active Full Scope Poly Top Secret Clearance**
Baer is looking for Software Engineer for a 12+ month Federal remote project.
Annapolis Junction, MD
W2 or C2C (Vendors Not Permitted)
- Support and refine a clustered and load balanced MariaDB architecture enabling vital national security mission operations.
- Collaborate with a team of software and digital signal processing engineers to enhance and maintain dynamic, high volume, data processing applications deployed for manual and automatic operations in a high-availability environment
- Leverage agile tools and practices to deploy and maintain orchestrated instances of the microservices based components in a DevSecOps ecosystem
- Experience deep job satisfaction through rapid deployment of contributions to user community delivering meaningful increased mission capabilities
- Collaborate with team peers and mentoring leads to meet program goals in Linux based microservices architecture environment with web-based front-end dashboards
- Integrate and leverage open-source tools to efficiently orchestrate database system performance across suites of servers grouped by mission application and geographically dispersed
- Design and implement new database features to improve system performance and support expanded system requirements
- Maintain existing operational databases performing restoration, synchronizing, clustering, and creating views
- Support infrequent after-hours maintenance and outage recovery
- Investigate discrepancy reports and interact with operators and on-site administrators to diagnose issues restore operations
- Grow expertise in problem domain with national and international travel opportunities
- Experience with data modeling, tuning, scaling, security, backup, recovery and integrity
- Experience working with MariaDB
- Experience working in a Linux O/S environment
- Familiarity with microservices based architecture and its impact to data storage
- Skills in analyzing and optimizing database performance, including indexing, partitioning, and query optimization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with MongoDB
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and DevSecOps processes and tools (including Jenkins)
- Experience with Atlassian products including Jira and Confluence
- Experience with configuration management tools including Git
- Familiarity with software containerization, orchestration, and deployment solutions including Spring, Docker, and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Active Full Scope Poly Top Secret Clearance Required
Baer is an Enterprise Performance Partner providing job opportunities with several 1st Tier Global Systems Integrators and a wide array of Fortune 1000 clients. Baer consultants and employees enjoy access to the highest profile job opportunities across leading Enterprise Technology Solutions ranging from Digital Transformation programs utilizing the latest technologies from SAP and Oracle to a wide range of emerging Cloud based infrastructure, application and AI related solutions.
At Baer we aim to provide a best-in-class engagement experience for our consultants. Our job requirements are carefully vetted and are typically associated with pivotal programs offering tremendous opportunities to expand your skills leveraging the latest solutions.
Baer is an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran.
ALL OPEN JOBS