**Federal Project - Applicant must be a United States Citizen with ability to obtain Clearance**
Baer is looking for an ISSE - Cyber Security Systems Engineer for a 12+ month Federal project located in DC.
ISSE - Cyber Security Systems Engineer
DC Metro Area - 1 Day per Week Onsite Required
: 12+ months
W2 or C2C
- Configures, maintains, administers and deploys a wide range of cyber security technologies such as Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, vulnerability scanners, network mapping tools and the related servers, databases and circuits.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance to both internal and external teams:
- In the architecture, design, deployment, management, configuration and use of Cyber Security Technology in response
- 4+ years of Cloud Security Ops experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the following:
- Windows and Linux operating systems and common applications
- Network architecture and tools
- NetFlow and other analytic methods for detecting malicious network activity
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Automation via infrastructure as code (IaC): e.g.: Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Programming/scripting experience e.g.: Python, PowerShell, Bash, Golang, C, JS, SQL, etc.
- Log management and parsing strategies
- CI/CD pipeline experience e.g.: Gitlab, Github Actions, etc.
- SIEM tools experience e.g.: Splunk, DataDog, Grafana, NewRelic, AppDynamics, etc.
- General relational and NoSQL database/datastore experience
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining security solutions for complex environments
- Understanding of network protocols, operating systems, and cloud platforms
- Familiarity with security compliance frameworks and regulations
- Security tools and technologies e.g.: firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption methods
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certificate programs in relevant areas
- Prior DOD/FedRAMP experience
- Bachelors Degree
Baer is an Enterprise Performance Partner providing job opportunities with several 1st Tier Global Systems Integrators and a wide array of Fortune 1000 clients. Baer consultants and employees enjoy access to the highest profile job opportunities across leading Enterprise Technology Solutions ranging from Digital Transformation programs utilizing the latest technologies from SAP and Oracle to a wide range of emerging Cloud based infrastructure, application and AI related solutions
At Baer we aim to provide a best-in-class engagement experience for our consultants. Our job requirements are carefully vetted and are typically associated with pivotal programs offering tremendous opportunities to expand your skills leveraging the latest solutions.
Baer is an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran.
ALL OPEN JOBS