**Federal Project - Applicant must be a United States Citizen with Active Secret Clearance**
Baer is looking for DOD Remediation Support Consultant a 15+ month Federal project located in Washington, DC
DOD Remediation Support Consultant
Hybrid - Washington DC
: 15+ months
W2 Only (C2C Not Permitted)
Our client is currently working with a major branch of the DOD to continue modernization of their critical Financial and Procurement systems. Specifically the program is tasked with moving various client operations onto a single instance SAP ERP platform across standard reporting, Budgeting, GL and related feeder systems. This is a multi-year program encompassing large scale teams working on SAP ERP Requirements Definition, Legacy System transition to SAP, Training & Change Management and Sustainment Support. The SAP solution scope includes DOD specific processes aligned with SAP ECC solution components across FI, CO, FM, PS, AM, WFM, MM/IM, WM, SD.
- Developing communication plans to clearly outline testing requirements.
- Gathering and reviewing key supporting documentation, preparing sample packages for submission to the Audit Response Center (ARC) Tool.
- Preparing and delivering briefs detailing results and findings, as well as preparing for auditor walkthrough of key processes and potential site visits.
- Ensure BUPERS responds in a timely manner to all external Independent Public Account (IPA) audit requirements, including, at a minimum:
- Completing and submitting the DoN Military Pay (MILPAY) Substantive Leave and Earning Statement (LES) testing, Entitlement, Deductions, and Allotments packages in response to auditor requests.
DoN Military Permanent Change of Station (MILPCS) audit requirements.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to address MILPAY/MILPCS related by client (PBC) requests and auditor follow-up inquiries.
- Coordinating with pay and personnel offices around the world to obtain required documentation.
PBC and sample request submissions shall be limited to no more than 7,000 per fiscal year. For reference, in FY21, there were 4,881 Provided-By-Client (PBC) and Sample requests and 88 PBC requests related to walkthroughs on Permanent Station Duty (PSD) controls, 1A Detail Data, and Data Reconciliation reporting.
- The contractor shall perform legislatively mandated DON Payment Integrity and Information Act (PIIA) testing and reviews. These are conducted quarterly and annually in coordination with FMO for ultimate submission to OSD. The contractor shall:
- Perform Annual MILPAY Post Payment Review. This shall include the review, compilation, preparation, and submission of no more than 2,700 MILPAY elements per fiscal year.
- Respond to follow-up questions related to submissions.
- Perform Quarterly Integrated Automated System (IATS) Post Payment Review. This shall include review, compilation, preparation, and submission of not more than 2,500 submissions per fiscal year.
- Coordinate with local travel and payment offices to obtain KSDs for PIIA samples.
- Research record systems to obtain KSDs for PIIA samples.
- Research policy and providing subject matter expertise to support remediation of payment errors.
- Coordinate access to IATS and Pay systems for government personnel performing testing.
Track known payment errors.
- Develop, update, and execute PIIA Standard Operating Procedures.
- The contractor shall support remediation of BUPERS audit findings, to include, at a minimum:
Internal and external audit remediation and coordination in support of Notice of Findings and Recommendations (NFRs), business process, and agency identified improvements.
- Developing and executing Corrective Action Plans (CAPs).
- Arranging, coordinating, and facilitating IPA walkthroughs.
- Performing business process reengineering to address audit findings.
- Develop and update MILPAY Process Cycle Memorandum (PCM) and associated SOPs and other documentation in support of remediation efforts.
- Support A-123 MILPAY compliance through remediation of identified internal controls findings, including creation and update of corrective action plans (CAPs), submission of supporting sample packages, and coordination with FMO.
- Develop and deliver executive-level briefings on progress. Perform data analysis and reporting to provide accurate and timely reports on program health.
- Provide audit readiness support training with organizational partners to ensure audit readiness engagement from the BUPERS functional communities.
- Support BUPERS in conducting qualitative and quantitative techniques and processes to enhance key financial processes effectiveness and efficiencies.
- The contractor shall support DON “Get Real, Get Better” Military Personnel Pay by creating scenario based matrix tool; coordinating working group meetings and trainings; performing data analysis; developing briefings; and assisting in overall strategy.
- The contractor shall provide System Interfaces and Data Mapping Support, including:
Assist BUPERS in mapping, analyzing the flow of data through a myriad of interfaces and system processes which includes (SABRS (Moving to ERP in FY 23), FASTDATA, CFMS-C, RIMS, DJMS-RC) with the end state of eliminating/reducing the need for manual data entry as they move to NP2.
- Contractor will be expected to work closely with FMS to ensure all efforts align with PCMs.
Leverage SAS programing and business intelligence to support populations of data for internal and external audit. This entails, at a minimum, the development, maintenance, and continual update and management of key transactional and document databases essential to audit performance.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to further automate manual tasks (e.g., pull key supporting documentations, transfer of data between applications, reconcile and cross-reference, etc.) and to address ongoing compliance burdens.
- Support implementation via MILPAY Audit advisory of The Personnel and Pay (NP2) pay system to ensure that when fully implemented, NP2 will be a single, integrated personnel and pay system supporting all Sailors.
- Actively participate in forums and advise on Audit best practices and requirement during development to accomplish the three major milestones to fully implement NP2: 1. Initial Operating Capability (IOC), 2. Post-IOC & 3. Full Operating Capability (FOC).
At FOC, test NP2 to ensure that it provides Sailors with more streamlined, automated processes to minimize rework, improve auditability and provide 24/7 self-service access to perform HR personnel actions.
Baer is an Enterprise Performance Partner providing job opportunities with several 1st Tier Global Systems Integrators and a wide array of Fortune 1000 clients. Baer consultants and employees enjoy access to the highest profile job opportunities across leading Enterprise Technology Solutions ranging from Digital Transformation programs utilizing the latest technologies from SAP and Oracle to a wide range of emerging Cloud based infrastructure, application and AI related solutions.
At Baer we aim to provide a best-in-class engagement experience for our consultants. Our job requirements are carefully vetted and are typically associated with pivotal programs offering tremendous opportunities to expand your skills leveraging the latest solutions.
Baer is an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran.
ALL OPEN JOBS