Baer is looking for Azure Data Solutions Architect for a 6+ month project in Cleveland, Ohio.
Azure Data Solutions Architect
Hybrid - Travel to Ohio as Requested
6 months Contract To Hire*
Hourly Plus Expenses Reimbursed
W2 or C2C
*Contract to hire is required and the end client will not sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- Partner with our business to architect, implement and support Client’s data warehouse solutions. Play a leading role to shape, implement, and sustain our vision for a modern, scalable, and secure data platform in the cloud.
- Lead platform architecture, data architecture, solutioning, and engineering of our Enterprise Data Platform towards continued evolution to support our global growth strategies.
- As a key leader, bring new data and analytics capabilities to Client.
- Develop and maintain as many Extract/Transform/Load processes as needed and prepare Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cubes
- Design, build and implement ETL scripts & pipelines
- Work with business and IT senior management to understand and prioritize data and analytics requirements.
- Act as a single point of contact for all Azure Data related issues and requests from business.
- Drive initiatives for data accuracy, usability, availability, and efficiency for BI and analytics applications
- Scrutinize the company's present data infrastructure, identify gaps, and develop plans to integrate the current systems with the desired future model
- Establish best practices and standards for data management, data integration, data warehousing, business intelligence, analytics, and data governance.
- Ensure all other compliance guidelines are met including ITAR / DFARS / GDPR / PII / etc when managing or moving information or performing other Basis related activities
- Create both logical and physical data models
- Manage Data Warehouse hosting vendor and act as a point person for all upgrades on Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse.
- Modify existing databases and database implementations to optimize performance.
- Analyze every data warehouse architecture goal and identify what skill requirements they require
- Analyze all the needed data warehouse activities and identify what essential resources they require
- Evaluate all proposals and requests and help implement the chosen items that will improve the data warehouse structure
- Ability to configure a cloud-based solution and enable end-user self service
- Develop and maintain database scripts and tools to make the automation process run smoother
- Proactively and regularly provide guidance on where and how analytics can generate business impact/value.
- Collaborate and help business to define key performance indicators.
- Optimize enterprise data, analytics tools, and applications.
- Provides technical and functional documentation on project requirements and deliverables
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, standards, and governance
- Prepare a design for all metadata relating to various Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes
- Prepare the designs for needed database systems and recommend measures to improve performance
- Define all metadata standards for the data warehouse
- Conduct troubleshooting on all ETL processes and effectively resolve any issues
- Create the appropriate status reports and submit them to management
- Monitor processes and develop plans to expedite gathering and accessing all relevant metadata
- Develop and implement any needed project work plans
- 10 years of related experience in Business Analytics and/or Business Intelligence
- 7 years of experience in ETL and Data Modeling required.
- 7 years of experience in database management, data strategy and governance, and database deployment and operations
- 7 years of experience in Azure Cloud Database technologies
- Hands-on experience creating and implementing analytical capabilities using the Azure cloud platform including Azure SQL, Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure API Management, Azure Synapse, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Data Storage.
- Experience with setting up and enhancing Data Lake and Data Vaults in Azure
- Experience with extracting data from SAP into Azure Cloud required
- Hands-on experience with Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse
- Must have experience with Cloud based Data Warehouses and BI tools
- Experience interfacing with SAP and other ERP applications for source data.
- Project/Program Management experience, especially in setting up and operating a cloud based Data Warehouse
- Experience with Master Data Management is a plus
- Experience with BI related tools including Power BI, and Tableau highly preferred
- Experience in the design of reporting & visualization solutions such as Power BI is a plus
- Experience using Application Insights to monitor processes real-time is preferred.
- Certification in Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
Baer is an Enterprise Performance Partner providing job opportunities with several 1st Tier Global Systems Integrators and a wide array of Fortune 1000 clients. Baer consultants and employees enjoy access to the highest profile job opportunities across leading Enterprise Technology Solutions ranging from Digital Transformation programs utilizing the latest technologies from SAP and Oracle to a wide range of emerging Cloud based infrastructure, application and AI related solutions.
At Baer we aim to provide a best-in-class engagement experience for our consultants. Our job requirements are carefully vetted and are typically associated with pivotal programs offering tremendous opportunities to expand your skills leveraging the latest solutions.
Baer is an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran.
ALL OPEN JOBS