**Federal Project - Applicant must be a United States Citizen with Active Top-Secret Clearance**
Baer is looking for Senior Applications Engineer for a 12+ month Federal remote project.
Senior Applications Engineer
Annapolis Junction, MD – Onsite Required
Will consider contract, contract to hire, or direct hire.
- Continuously monitor the health and status of security tool suites through IT system management. Maintain, upgrade, refresh, and update to maintain full operational capacity.
- Conduct database administration to monitor, report, and repair any degradation of the health and status of the systems and tools within the NISIRT.
- Analyse any newly identified vulnerabilities and deficiencies within the Enterprise IT/IC GovCloud security tool suite; perform gap analysis
- As a result of the gap analysis and at the direction of the Government, research and evaluate commercial products capable of eliminating the vulnerability or deficiency within the security tool suite.
- Conduct analysis of alternatives and present findings of analysis results to the Government in a Technical Analysis package for the Government's evaluation and Governments selection of a solution.
- Collaborate and coordinate with ancillary organizations to procure, deliver, dispose, and track and new HW/SW required for solution implementation.
- Prepare Configuration Plans, SW enhancement plans, engineer solutions to easily interface with GU and/or web front-end interfaces.
- Define, design, and incorporate interfaces to retrieve data from various scanning tools.
- Design, validate, and implement access controls as part of the systems and service solutions.
- Enhance, modify, and test COTS/GOTS and any applicable hardware to ensure interoperability and compatibility with existing Enterprise IT/IC GovCloud architecture; prepare Engineering Change Proposals applicable to any Implemented system configuration change
- Define, coordinate, and schedule testing, integration, implementation, and deployment activities with dependent external Interface devices/owners.
- Deploy security solutions across the IT Enterprise Network. Install hardware and implement required software to ensure fully functional computer environment.
- ID Upon direction of the Government prepare and conduct security tool instruction/training with regards to newly deployed tool capabilities and Functions for authorized users of the Agency Enterprise IT/IC GovCloud security tool suite.
- Enhance, modify, and test COTS/GOTS and any applicable hardware to ensure interoperability and compatibility with existing Enterprise IT/IC GovCloud architecture; prepare Engineering Change Proposals applicable to any Implemented system configuration change.
Baer is an Enterprise Performance Partner providing job opportunities with several 1st Tier Global Systems Integrators and a wide array of Fortune 1000 clients. Baer consultants and employees enjoy access to the highest profile job opportunities across leading Enterprise Technology Solutions ranging from Digital Transformation programs utilizing the latest technologies from SAP and Oracle to a wide range of emerging Cloud based infrastructure, application and AI related solutions.
At Baer we aim to provide a best-in-class engagement experience for our consultants. Our job requirements are carefully vetted and are typically associated with pivotal programs offering tremendous opportunities to expand your skills leveraging the latest solutions.
Baer is an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran.
ALL OPEN JOBS