Baer is looking for POS Store Systems Specialist SME for a 9+ month project located in Atlanta, GA.
POS Store Systems Specialist SME
Atlanta, GA – 2 to 3 Days Onsite Required
W2 or C2C
Our client is in the process of replacing their existing Traversity POS architecture across the nation with a product called TS POC not widely used in the U.S. They are in the early planning stages of this effort and are in need of additional specialized support to support their POS system architecture.
The Store Systems Specialist in the IT team is responsible for problem management, configuration, staging, installation and data upload and download troubleshooting of various point of sales systems. The position requires strong technical skills in retail and/or hospitality systems and as well as great collaboration and interpersonal skills in cross function environment.
Duties/Responsibilities will include:
- Identifies trends and potential Problem sources (by reviewing Incident and Problem analysis)
- Prevents the replication of Problems across multiple systems.
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the Problem control process.
- Monitors the effectiveness of error control and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Updating Knowledgebase
- Prevents recurrence of issues by identifying root cause and implementing fix
- Drive all problems towards root cause identification and permanent fix.
- Need to have innovative approach as problems are unique and need to use different RCA techniques
- Work with third party vendors to identify issues for their respective products, test all fixes and enhancements, and work with the vendor and internal IT and external IT teams to apply changes into the production environment.
- Perform configuration, staging and installation for POS hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot software, hardware, and networking issues.
- Understanding POS interfaces, data model with central systems and payment middleware, gateway, and bank provider.
- Experience in troubleshooting data upload and download.
- Assist in the definition of store systems/POS business requirements and provide viable solutions alternatives and recommendations (e.g. changes to business processes, creation of new business processes, or system enhancements).
- Participate in projects and enhancements that involve changes to store system applications which would include determination of user requirements, testing of changes, preparation of operational procedures.
- Acts as the liaison between IT and the business units for Store Systems, responsible for identifying and resolving technical and process issues related to the POS, payment solution and other related interfaces. Requires advanced knowledge of related business processes and how technology supports these processes.
- Responsible for working on projects that apply new or existing technologies and solutions to meet business needs. Works with the IT and business management teams to define overall technical direction
- B.S. degree in engineering, computer science, networking or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Writes, maintains, and reviews complete and concise technical documentation
- Broad and strong knowledge of Store Systems hardware and software including POS, peripherals, Pinpad, media player, digital signage, PC and network printer, etc.
- Understanding of ITIL framework specially in Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release and Deployment, etc.
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems, able to manage Microsoft patch application.
- Experience with Event Viewer, application logs, Microsoft SQL query.
- Experience with database management and support.
- Experience on payment solutions.
- Experience with software distribution & patch management using BigFix, Kaseya and Intune
- Experience on creating gold image, ghosting, scripting, group policy, staging and configuration processes.
- Knowledge of retail and hospitality industry best practices with prior experience in Store Operations business processes and systems.
- Ability to work with various levels of store staff/management.
- Strong technical experience in testing, design and support
Baer is an Enterprise Performance Partner providing job opportunities with several 1st Tier Global Systems Integrators and a wide array of Fortune 1000 clients. Baer consultants and employees enjoy access to the highest profile job opportunities across leading Enterprise Technology Solutions ranging from Digital Transformation programs utilizing the latest technologies from SAP and Oracle to a wide range of emerging Cloud based infrastructure, application and AI related solutions.
At Baer we aim to provide a best-in-class engagement experience for our consultants. Our job requirements are carefully vetted and are typically associated with pivotal programs offering tremendous opportunities to expand your skills leveraging the latest solutions.
Baer is an equal opportunity employer including disability/veteran.
ALL OPEN JOBS